The University of Windsor Research Ethics Board is now accepting the Windsor Regional Hospital REB form for review.
Please note: If you are conducting research and are a member of the University of Windsor community, please come to the University REB first to obtain conditional clearance before submitting your application package to Windsor Regional Hospital.
Research Ethics Board at Windsor Regional Hospital
Here you will find the full complement of forms to be completed and submitted to the Research Ethics Board at Windsor Regional Hospital.
Windsor Regional Hospital REB Forms
Which forms do I complete?
Procedural steps in applying from the University of Windsor to Windsor Regional Hospital:
- Download the Windsor Regional Hospital application package and required documents.
- Submit the completed package to the University of Windsor REB.
- After receiving conditional clearance from the University of Windsor REB, submit the updated protocol and clearance to Windsor Regional Hospitals REB.
Windsor Regional Hospital REB application package requirements
Application Packages submitted to Windsor Regional need to include:
- Cover letter with detailed information of what is included in the package
- Ethics Submission Form (15 copies including signed original)
- Informed Consent Document / Letter of Information (15 copies)
- Consent checklist attached for your reference
- Study Protocol (4 copies if clinical drug trial – 15 copies other research)
- Investigator’s Brochure (4 copies if applicable – clinical sponsored trials)
- Departmental Impact Statements; Health Criteria Form - 1 copy for each department impacted)
Certificate in training in Protection of Human Subject Participants (TCPS2) or equivalent – More info at the
Government of Canada web page - Panel on Research Ethics
This certificate is required for the Principal Investigator, CoInvestigator(s) and Research Associates (if not previously submitted) – Please note: guidelines are in place for non-staff Research Associates. If applicable, please have your associate(s) contact the Research Ethics Office. If this is a Chart Abstraction Study – Please do the Privacy Tutorial on the WRHREB Site.
- Principal Investigator Curriculum Vitae
- Any educational materials/advertisements (15 copies including 1 original)
- Signed Privacy Agreement for Principal Investigator and Research Associates
- There is a requirement that any non-staff research associate be processed through the Research Ethics Office
- Project Funding Recovery Form and Clinical Trial Agreement (if industry-sponsored research)