- Former Dean of Nursing to bridge academic labour relations appointment: Former Dean of Nursing Linda Patrick will begin a six-month term as Acting Executive Director Academic Labour relations on May 23rd. To read the full story visit https://www.uwindsor.ca/dailynews/2022-05-30/former-dean-nursing-bridge-academic-labour-relations-appointment
- Appreciate your surroundings, says top-achieving grad: Congratulations to nursing graduand Grace McLeod on the receipt of the Governor General's Silver Medal award for most outstanding student in her graduating cohort. To read the full story and comments from Grace, click on full article
A contest was held by The Faculty of Nursing during Nursing Week (May 10-16, 2021) inviting nursing students to "Share Your Story" as it related to who inspired you to become a Registered Nurse, the inspiration behind choosing nursing as a career and how your learning has been positively impacted in the nursing program. The Faculty of Nursing would like to announce the three winners:
- Megan Biscan, Year 2 Nursing (class of 2023) - To read Megan's essay, click The First Time I Saw Her Name
- Ashley Cotter, Year 4 Nursing (class of 2021) - To read Ashley's essay, click Whenever I had Feelings of Doubt in this Program
- Derek Legault, Year 4 Nursing (class of 2021) - To read Derek's essay, click When I Was Really Young
- Nursing prof running COVID field hospital in New York City (Daily News article April 29, 2020)
RNAO Nursing Research Interest Group names University of Windsor graduate recipient of Nursing Research Award- Adriana Congi is the winner of the RNAO Nursing Research Interest Group award with her paper "What Nursing Research Means to Me". Her topic focuses on what research means to her and how she would integrate research into her clinical practice. Congratulations to Adriana on her award and for accepting a position in the ICU at WRH.
Congratulations goes out to nursing student Alexandra Zalewski who won the Sigma-Tau Upsilon Chapter-Anna Gupta Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award.
- Jennifer Judith Hamel is the recent recipient of the Board of Governors Medal awarded to the graduating student with the highest academic standing. Congratulations Jennifer!
- RNFOO has announced Victoria Dobrowolski as a recipient of the 2021 RNFOO Undergraduate Scholarship, Year 1-2. A virtual gala will be held to honour her and other recipients. Congratulations to Victoria on her outstanding success!
- RNFOO has announced Keri Lynn Durocher as the recipient of the 2021 RNFOO Evelyn Cameron Memorial Bursary-Pediatric Nurses Interest Group (PedNIG). This award honours registered nurses who are enrolled in education at the baccalaureate or graduate level with a focus on pediatric nursing and are members of the RNAO Pediatric Nurses Interest Group with a commitment to advancing the practice of pediatric nursing in Ontario. Keri completed her Master's degree in Nursing at the University of Windsor and is pursuing her PhD at Western. Congratulations to Keri on her outstanding accomplishments!
Come join us as we explore career opportunities brought to you by the Faculty of Nursing and Career Developement and Experiential Learning. Please visit Fall 2020 Career Exploration Series for the complete list or visit the Faculty of Nursing homepage to see the current session offered.
The Faculty of Nursing is presenting the Sheila Cameron Research Forum 2020 being held from September 2020 to March 2021. Come be part of this informative event.
Do you need to recharge your batteries? Come and engage with some extraordinary national leaders in mental health and wellness. To RSVP to the Chancellor's Leadership Series Event-Resilience in Times of Change and Uncertainty, please visit https://www.uwindsor.ca/president/305/chancellor’s-leadership-series